Airbrush Makeup: Pros and ConsAirbrush makeup recently became accessible and affordable for mainstream consumers. The question is, do you need airbrush makeup? What makes it better or worse than traditional makeup?
- Cleanliness - Airbrush makeup is sprayed directly onto your face and there is no actual "brush" to touch your face. This is an advantage for sanitation, and the airbrush is less likely to harbor bacteria than traditional brushes. However, the airbrush must be cleaned daily. If the same care was taken for a traditional brush, it would also be sanitary.
- Long-lasting - Many airbrush cosmetics are formulated to be long-lasting, and some even help improve complexions.
- Light application - The application process means that tiny particles are being sprayed across your skin, which makes it easy to control the amount of makeup applied.
- Body Painting - Airbrushes create a very polished look, so they are utilized by many body painters.
- Spray Tanning - Tanning products can be applied with airbrushes, similar to many spray tans in tanning salons.
- Cost - The airbrush is expensive to buy, and there is usually around a $150-$300 investment involved.
- Time - It takes time to set up the airbrush, put in the makeup, plug it in, and apply it in small amounts to the desired area. The brush must also be cleaned each day.
- Electricity - This product requires an electrical outlet, which may make it difficult for travel and for use in certain locations.
- Size - Although most airbrushes are relatively small, they still take up quite a bit of space in a makeup kit or a small suitcase.
- Complication - Only certain brands of makeup can be used in each airbrush. You must clean it out to switch colors, such as going between foundation and blush. It can also be more difficult to match foundation colors.
- Difficult to touch up - Once applied, it may be inconvenient to touch up makeup throughout the day. Wiping your nose, brushing your teeth, or itching your eye may wipe of the makeup.
- No natural airbrush formulations - Many eco-friendly makeup artists can't offer airbrush makeup because there are currently no natural formulations.
- Noise - Depending on the type of airbrush, it may make some noise. After all, they are tiny compressors. This may detract from the otherwise relaxing experience of putting on makeup.
I offer airbrush makeup to my clients but it is rarely requested. I find that I can get the same quality, if not better, with traditional makeup. Airbrush makeup works well for some people, but I prefer to use natural products that I can apply with sanitized hands, brushes, or sponges.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not sign up for our email list and get posts by email? Or if that's not your style, stay in the loop with an occasional newsletter instead.
This blog accepts forms of advertising, sponsorship, or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog may be compensated or given a product free to provide an opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation or free products for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
Amazon Associate Disclosure:
Kaylin's Kit is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, endless.com, smallparts.com or myhabit.com.
For questions about this blog, please click here to contact me.