|Grits with veggie sausage - a savory breakfast treat!|
Ingredients (3-4 servings):
- Pour milk, water, and grits into a small saucepan. Stir until blended.
- Turn on the heat, to about medium-high.
- When the grits begin to boil, reduce heat to medium low and cook another 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When grits have a creamy consistency (blended; no visible liquid), remove from heat.
- Stir in margarine, salt, and pepper.
- Add in chopped up vegan sausage for a more hearty breakfast.
- Top with vegan cheese or nutritional yeast.
- Turn grits into a full entree by pairing with food such as roasted veggies and/or seitan.
- Grits can often be found in bulk food sections. Look for organic grits.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not sign up for our email list and get posts by email? Or if that's not your style, stay in the loop with an occasional newsletter instead.
I'm always looking for new vegan breakfast ideas. Excited to try this!ReplyDelete