Recipe: Vegan Grits with Sausage
|Grits with veggie sausage - a savory breakfast treat!|
Ingredients (3-4 servings):
- Pour milk, water, and grits into a small saucepan. Stir until blended.
- Turn on the heat, to about medium-high.
- When the grits begin to boil, reduce heat to medium low and cook another 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When grits have a creamy consistency (blended; no visible liquid), remove from heat.
- Stir in margarine, salt, and pepper.
- Add in chopped up vegan sausage for a more hearty breakfast.
- Top with vegan cheese or nutritional yeast.
- Turn grits into a full entree by pairing with food such as roasted veggies and/or seitan.
- Grits can often be found in bulk food sections. Look for organic grits.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not sign up for our email list and get posts by email? Or if that's not your style, stay in the loop with an occasional newsletter instead.
This blog accepts forms of advertising, sponsorship, or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog may be compensated or given a product free to provide an opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation or free products for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
Amazon Associate Disclosure:
Kaylin's Kit is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, endless.com, smallparts.com or myhabit.com.
For questions about this blog, please click here to contact me.