Recipe: Vegan Taiyaki Pancakes
|They may look like pancakes, but these are stuffed with |
red bean paste.
- Vegan anpan filling recipe (I used about 2 tbsp per cake)
- Your favorite vegan pancake recipe (I love the one from the Joy of Vegan Baking)
- Pour out a pancake onto a heated pan. Let cook for about 1 minute.
- Add about 2 tbsp of bean paste or other filling.
- When bubbles start to show in the pancake batter, pour another pancake out in the pan.
- Flip the pancake over, trying to align it as closely as possible on top of the new pancake.
- The method above may not be the prettiest, but it gives a similar texture and taste to taiyaki. If you enjoy them, an actual taiyaki pan will yield better results.
- Instructions will vary if you plan to use an actual taiyaki pan. For help using a taiyaki pan, there are plenty of tutorials such as this one and this one (but you will have to adapt the recipes if you want to make them vegan).
- If you have leftover bean paste, consider using it as an ice cream topping, on crepes, or even on top of oatmeal.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not sign up for our email list and get posts by email? Or if that's not your style, stay in the loop with an occasional newsletter instead.
This blog accepts forms of advertising, sponsorship, or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog may be compensated or given a product free to provide an opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation or free products for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
Amazon Associate Disclosure:
Kaylin's Kit is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, endless.com, smallparts.com or myhabit.com.
For questions about this blog, please click here to contact me.