|They may look like pancakes, but these are stuffed with |
red bean paste.
- Vegan anpan filling recipe (I used about 2 tbsp per cake)
- Your favorite vegan pancake recipe (I love the one from the Joy of Vegan Baking)
- Pour out a pancake onto a heated pan. Let cook for about 1 minute.
- Add about 2 tbsp of bean paste or other filling.
- When bubbles start to show in the pancake batter, pour another pancake out in the pan.
- Flip the pancake over, trying to align it as closely as possible on top of the new pancake.
- The method above may not be the prettiest, but it gives a similar texture and taste to taiyaki. If you enjoy them, an actual taiyaki pan will yield better results.
- Instructions will vary if you plan to use an actual taiyaki pan. For help using a taiyaki pan, there are plenty of tutorials such as this one and this one (but you will have to adapt the recipes if you want to make them vegan).
- If you have leftover bean paste, consider using it as an ice cream topping, on crepes, or even on top of oatmeal.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not sign up for our email list and get posts by email? Or if that's not your style, stay in the loop with an occasional newsletter instead.
We need to buy a book on amazon to cook this recipe? That's an unrealistic dependency! I guess I must keep on searching.ReplyDelete
This should work with almost any vegan pancake recipe, or you could also look for the book at your local library. ;) If you can't find it, try this recipe: http://minimalistbaker.com/easy-whole-grain-vegan-pancakes/ReplyDelete