Article: Eco-friendly and Vegan Clothes and Shoes for Dancers
|Most ballet shoes have leather soles.|
Image: Steven Nakatani via Flickr (unchanged; license)
- Ballet Slippers - Cynthia King offers relatively affordable slippers with vegan soles for children and adults.
- Pointe Shoes - Grishko offers custom vegan options. Sansha also makes their "Recital" style with a cellulose sole.
- Tap Shoes - Look for non-leather options such as this shoe or check out Alternative Stores' collection.
- Jazz Shoes - Look for canvas options such as this black pair or this nude pair.
- Modern Options - Dance Paws are accidentally vegan.
- Ballroom Shoes - Check out U.K. stores such as Ethical Wares and Alternative Stores.
- Leotards - I was able to find one recycled leotard, but generally there aren't a lot out there. Gaiam also has a few options, but mostly in the unitard category.
- Other apparel - If your class allows you to wear what you want, check out brands such as Gaiam, Athleta, and Blue Canoe for athletic apparel made of eco-friendly and sustainable materials.
- Leg Warmers - Companies such as Maggie's Organics and Omnitom Yoga make organic cotton leg warmers.
- Tights - PACT makes organic cotton tights, although they aren't currently available in ballet pink. Maggie's Organics also have a few options.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not sign up for our email list and get posts by email? Or if that's not your style, stay in the loop with an occasional newsletter instead.
This blog accepts forms of advertising, sponsorship, or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog may be compensated or given a product free to provide an opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation or free products for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
Amazon Associate Disclosure:
Kaylin's Kit is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, endless.com, smallparts.com or myhabit.com.
For questions about this blog, please click here to contact me.