|Image: Chapendra via Flickr and Creative Commons 2.0|
I have pores that can be seen from a mile away and some acne scars. I'm looking for a primer that won't harm me. I heard aloe vera can be used as a primer. Would it also help fill in my pores?
Aloe vera can definitely be used as a primer, and it can also help minimize pores. However, I'd recommend getting an aloe vera gel with 94% or higher aloe vera and use it in the following way as part of your nightly routine:
- Wash your face using your favorite natural cleanser.
- Pat dry using a towel.
- Apply a thin layer of aloe vera gel and allow to dry.
- Rinse gently with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
- Apply a natural moisturizer if desired.
If using as a primer, apply to a clean, dry face before foundation. It serves as a dual primer and moisturizer.
- Be sure to check ingredients when purchasing aloe vera gel. Natural grocers tend to sell gels with fewer additives.
- Alternatively, you could also use a pore-minimizing primer such as Urban Decay's Complexion Primer Potion, which is vegan and rates a low 2 on EWG's Skin Deep database. However, I'd recommend the aloe vera gel first as it is gentle and affordable.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not sign up for our email list and get posts by email? Or if that's not your style, stay in the loop with an occasional newsletter instead.