How long can I use my makeup? If it still looks okay, can I keep using it past its "expiration date"?
|Toss Mascara after 4-6 months.|
If you're looking for general guidelines for replacing makeup, check out these tips:
- Mascara lasts about 4-5 months.
- Liquid foundations and cream products typically have a lifespan of 6-12 months.
- Lip products last up to two years.
- Powders (such as finishing powders, blush, and eye shadows) and pencils (lip and eye) last about 2-3 years.
- Product separation (such as an oily layer on top)
- Unusual smell or odor
- A change in texture
- Color change
- Anything else suspicious (mold, , etc.)
If in doubt, toss it out! When it's time to get rid of your makeup, check out these tips for disposal..
- Check your email for order confirmations if you can't remember when you bought a product (from an online store).
- If you don't use a lot of makeup, powders may be better investments than liquids or creams, as they have a longer lifespan.
- Buy trial sizes of products you don't plan to use often to reduce waste.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not sign up for our email list and get posts by email? Or if that's not your style, stay in the loop with an occasional newsletter instead.