|Tofu scramble and waffles with fresh strawberries|
1 12-oz package extra firm tofu, drained
1 tbsp canola oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small white onion, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1. And oil two a large nonstick pan and heat.
2. Add garlic, onion, and bell pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add the tofu to the pan, chopping into small pieces using a spatula.
4. Sprinkle salt, turmeric, and nutritional yeast evenly over tofu. Mix well.
5. Heat for about 8 minutes, or until the water from the tofu has evaporated.
- I often use 1 cup of frozen onions and peppers (available at Whole Foods), in place of the fresh onion and pepper.
- You can also substitute dried garlic if you don't have fresh garlic on hand.
- Serve with waffles and fresh fruit, pancakes, or other breakfast foods
- See The Joy of Vegan Baking for the waffles pictured above (pg. 69), as well as a great pancake recipe (pg. 68)
Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not sign up for our email list and get posts by email? Or if that's not your style, stay in the loop with an occasional newsletter instead.