Recipe: Favorite Tofu Scramble
|Tofu scramble and waffles with fresh strawberries|
1 12-oz package extra firm tofu, drained
1 tbsp canola oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small white onion, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1. And oil two a large nonstick pan and heat.
2. Add garlic, onion, and bell pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add the tofu to the pan, chopping into small pieces using a spatula.
4. Sprinkle salt, turmeric, and nutritional yeast evenly over tofu. Mix well.
5. Heat for about 8 minutes, or until the water from the tofu has evaporated.
- I often use 1 cup of frozen onions and peppers (available at Whole Foods), in place of the fresh onion and pepper.
- You can also substitute dried garlic if you don't have fresh garlic on hand.
- Serve with waffles and fresh fruit, pancakes, or other breakfast foods
- See The Joy of Vegan Baking for the waffles pictured above (pg. 69), as well as a great pancake recipe (pg. 68)
Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not sign up for our email list and get posts by email? Or if that's not your style, stay in the loop with an occasional newsletter instead.
This blog accepts forms of advertising, sponsorship, or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog may be compensated or given a product free to provide an opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation or free products for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
Amazon Associate Disclosure:
Kaylin's Kit is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, endless.com, smallparts.com or myhabit.com.
For questions about this blog, please click here to contact me.