|Image: Joi via Flickr|
- Obanzai - A veg-friendly buffet with several Western food options. It may be difficult to find, so consult the directions on the Happy Cow webpage.
- Morpho Cafe - An all vegan restaurant with burgers and other fun chioces. It appeared to be about a 15 minute walk from Nijo castle. Click here for the Happy Cow review page.
- BioTei - A veg-friendly place that also serves meat. It had good reviews and appears to be simple but can be busy. Name in Japanese: 自然派レストラン びお亭
- Falafel Garden - As the name suggests, it's a falafel restaurant. Appears to have an airy and open feel. Click here for the Happy Cow review page.
- Cafe Proverbs 15:17 - This restaurant is highly praised by many, including Mika from Veg Out Tokyo. This appears to be a nicer, all-vegetarian restaurant that reminded me of Real Food Daily. Click here for the Happy Cow review page.
- Sujata - This tiny restaurant appears to be located on the north side of the road east of the Hyakumanben intersection. The focus is Indian food, with lots of curries.
- Tosca - Those looking for somewhere nicer (and willing to pay a bit more for it) may want to try this restaurant. It is organic and vegan, offering soups, burgers, sandwiches and more. Click here for the Happy Cow review page.
- Sunshine Cafe - A veg-friendly restaurant apparently located on the fifth floor above Shakey's in shopping arcade beside Teramachi. They have limited food options, including some non-veg.
- Mumokuteiki Cafe and Foods - A cute all-vegan cafe that even serves desserts. They have several lunch set options and are reported to be busy on occasion. Click here for the Happy Cow review page.
- Cafe Matsuontoko - A trendy vegan restaurant that is open fairly late. They offer burgers, salads, wine, organic drinks, and soy ice cream. Click here for the Happy Cow review page.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not sign up for our email list and get posts by email? Or if that's not your style, stay in the loop with an occasional newsletter instead.