Ingredients (1 serving):
- One veggie burger (such as Sunshine black bean)
- 3-4 cups mixed greens (loosely packed)
- 1-2 tbsp dressing (I recommend balsalmic or raspberry)
- 1/3-1/2 carrot, sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 apple, diced
- 1/2 cup cooked garbanzo beans
- Hemp seeds to garnish
- Heat veggie burger in a small skillet.
- While veggie burger is cooking, add mixed greens to a bowl and drizzle with dressing. Mix with a fork or tongs.
- Place greens on a plate.
- Chop carrot, cucumber, and apple and sprinkle over salad greens.
- Shake garbanzo beans out over salad (be sure to strain any liquid off first).
- When veggie burger is cooked, slice into thin pieces and sprinkle over salad.
- Top with hemp seeds.
- Try different types of dressings and burgers for different flavors.
- Change fruits/veggies out with the seasons.
- Add another type of beans and/or lentils instead of a veggie burger.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not sign up for our email list and get posts by email? Or if that's not your style, stay in the loop with an occasional newsletter instead.
Post a Comment