- 1 tbsp safflower oil + extra for frying
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 package refrigerated tofu, extra firm, chopped into cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup broccoli (frozen is fine)
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 3 cups short-grain brown rice, cooked
- 3 tbsp vegetable broth (I prefer Better Than Bouillon)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp yellow curry powder
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (canned is ok)
- Chopped peanuts for garnish (optional)
- Pan-fry tofu in a small amount of oil; set aside.
- Heat oils in a large sautee pan or wok.
- Add garlic and veggies. Cook about 3 minutes or until heated.
- Add the rice, broth, raisins, soy sauce, and curry powder. Heat until rice is sizzling.
- Remove from heat. Add the tofu and pineapple and stir until well mixed.
- Top with peanuts (if using) and serve warm.
- This is a great way to use up leftover rice.
- Mix and match the veggies to suit your needs - or your produce drawer.
- Makes about 4-6 servings.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not sign up for our email list and get posts by email? Or if that's not your style, stay in the loop with an occasional newsletter instead.
Post a Comment