- 1 cup cooked brown rice or cooked quinoa
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup canned or cooked green lentils
- Dash of salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Add grains and lentils to a bowl.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
- Stir until nutritional yeast is creamy.
- Makes one serving.
- If the seasoning doesn't look creamy, add a few more drops of oil or water to reach desired consistency.
- Omit the first two ingredients and use seasoning as a topping for other grains, beans, and/or pastas.
- Pairs well with veggies such as green beans and broccoli, especially if seasoned with garlic.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not sign up for our email list and get posts by email? Or if that's not your style, stay in the loop with an occasional newsletter instead.