Article: Best Vegan Red Lipsticks
|Zuzu Luxe lipstick in Starlet and Gabriel lip liner in Red|
- Zuzu Luxe offers a few great shades in a creamy, traditional formula. My personal favorite is Starlet, a candy apple red in a cool tone. They also offer Vino de Amor, a bright red wine shade (also cool). They also have a gloss in Caliente (cool blue undertone), which can be layered over a lipstick or worn separately.
- Sister line Gabriel also offers cooler shades such as Pomegranate (deep red), Currant (red wine), and Matte Rose (red chili pepper) as well as warmer shades such as Tea Rose (orange red) and Santa Fe (red-orange). Both of these lines are gluten-free and have wide retail availability, so you can often test in person to find the best match.
- With red shades, the colors are bold enough to need a well-defined line to really set off the look. I love Gabriel's lip liner in Red, but Zuzu has one in Cherry as well. If you're in a pinch and can't find a red liner, try to pick one close to your natural lip color and apply the lipstick itself with a brush for precision.
|Beauty Without Cruelty's lipstick has|
a texture similar to conventional
- Beauty Without Cruelty offers another line of vegan lipsticks with multiple red shades, such as Cerise and Day Lily. The formula is creamy and it comes with fun packaging. I haven't seen these shades in person, but the brand has good retail availability in certain areas.
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tars - This intense, gloss-like color comes in a variety of red shades, including Psycho (true blood red), Harlot (neon red), Stalker (blue red), and NSFW (true, balanced red). The application takes a few tries to get right; you have to use a lot less than you think you need.
- Gourmet Body Treats has a more limited selection of reds, but does offer a lipstick, lip gloss, and lip liner in the shade Vixen. They also are expanding to offer a red lipstick.
- Eyes Lips Face (E.L.F.) offers two affordable options: their mineral lipstick (in Cheerful Cherry and Royal Red) and essential lipstick (in Fearless). The ingredients are much better in the mineral lipstick, but if you need something quick, the essential lipstick might be available locally.
- Manic Panic also offers a couple of affordable red options, but they aren't as natural (or gentle).
If you are unsure about wearing reds, check out these handy articles for choosing the best shade for you:
Disclosure notice: Some products mentioned in this article were sent to me free of charge by the manufacturer for review. Others were purchased by the reviewer. No additional compensation was accepted and the opinions are my own. Please verify any claims with the manufacturer, especially if you have any allergies or concerns.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not sign up for our email list and get posts by email? Or if that's not your style, stay in the loop with an occasional newsletter instead.
This blog accepts forms of advertising, sponsorship, or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog may be compensated or given a product free to provide an opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation or free products for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
Amazon Associate Disclosure:
Kaylin's Kit is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, endless.com, smallparts.com or myhabit.com.
For questions about this blog, please click here to contact me.