|Image: mrskyce via Flickr and Creative Commons license|
You don't have to spend a lot to give a thoughtful present.
- Books on Kindle or another eBook format or used books from Better World Books
- Recycled paper journals
- Organic cotton or reusable tote bags
- BPA-free water bottles
- One month of Netflix
- DIY gifts (see below).
If you are crafty and/or resourceful, this can be a great option. DIY gifts are especially great when giving in person.
- Make DIY food gifts in jars
- Knit a scarf or gloves with eco-friendly yarn
- Bake something, such as molasses cookies, vegan truffles, or other food gifts
- For more DIY ideas, click here or check out my DIY resources article here.
For a fuss-free present, try a gift box.
- Organic fruit boxes from Harry and David
- Vegan gift boxes from Petit Vour, Conscious Box, Vegan Cuts, and True Natural
- Assemble a gift box from beauty, hair care, and/or skin care items at your local health food store.
- Pacifica makes vegan eye shadow sets that make a pretty gift.
- Give a body kit for men from Every Man Jack.
- Send sweets from companies such as Michy's and Om Nom Nom cookies.
- Give vegan handbags from Claret, Namaste, and Lavishy.
- If you know your recipient's size, consider eco-friendly clothes in from brands such as Patagonia or Prana.
Charities such as WWF and Defenders of Wildlife offer symbolic adoptions. Defenders offers a plush with as little as a $25 contribution; WWF starts around $50. For more on charities, check out my post, How to Make Your Charitable Contributions Count.
As always, be sure to consider recycled and/or reusable gift wrap options as well.
Disclosure notice: Some products and/or brands mentioned in this article were submitted free of charge by the manufacturer for review. No additional compensation was accepted and the opinions are my own. Please verify any claims with the manufacturer, especially if you have any allergies or concerns.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not sign up for our email list and get posts by email? Or if that's not your style, stay in the loop with an occasional newsletter instead.