|Image: Courtney Rhodes via Flickr and|
Creative Commons License 2.0
Do you know of a good eyeliner for inner rims? I've tried everything but they always seem to disappear or give me raccoon eyes...help!
There are a few techniques you can use to achieve a precise, long-lasting eyeliner look for your inner rims:
- Line your inner rims with a waterproof pencil. Look for a long-lasting, waterproof pencil, such as Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (most of which are vegan and rate a low 2 on the EWG Skin Deep database) or Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics' Colour Pencil in Tarred (vegan and about a moderately low 3 on the EWG database). To line inner rims, gently lift your upper lid and line beneath the lashes. Then gently pull your lower lid and line above the lashes. If any irritation occurs, discontinue use immediately; your eyes are a sensitive area.
- Use a waterproof pencil or cream on your lash line. Seal in makeup on your inner rims by using a waterproof pencil (such as those mentioned above) or a cream such as Christopher Drummond Beauty Cream to Powder Eyeliner (a low 1 on the EWG database). For a more affordable option, try Zosimos Botanicals' Cream Shadow in Natural Black (tester here; also a low 1 on the EWG database). Line your upper lash line and lower lash line to form a barrier around your waterline. If using a pencil, make sure to sharpen so you can line flush against the lashes.
- Set your eyeliner with powder. Using an angled eyeliner brush, trace over the eyeliner on your upper and lower lash lines (outer edges of your eye). Use a matte black eye shadow or eyeliner, such as Alima Pure's Satin Matte Eyeliner in Black (a low 1 on the EWG database). This step is particularly important for creams (that don't set like a cream-to-powder). This will help prevent smudging.
- For a cheaper eyeliner with staying power, consider the E.L.F. Mineral Eye Liner. The formula isn't waterproof, but it is long-lasting and rates a low 1 on the EWG database.
- To avoid "raccoon eyes," finish your look with a waterproof mascara, such as Beauty Without Cruelty's Waterproof Mascara (rates a moderately low 3 on the EWG database).
- To avoid runny eyeliner, The Beauty Department recommends applying a little face powder (in a shade that either matches your skin tone or is slightly lighter). Click here to see their quick and easy tutorial.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not sign up for our email list and get posts by email? Or if that's not your style, stay in the loop with an occasional newsletter instead.