- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Generous dash of salt (optional)
- 2 tbsp vegan mini chocolate chips (optional; such as Enjoy Life mini chips)
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder (optional; unflavored options such as SunWarrior Natural Brown Rice Protein recommended)
- Blend until creamy.
- Makes about 2 servings.
- Add more milk if too thick, in about 2 tbsp increments.
- The bananas must be frozen for this to have the proper consistency. Peel them before freezing, and ideally cut them into about 4 chunks each for easier blending.
- Tastes better and more like a milkshake when sipped through a straw. I recommend these glass straws, which are durable and eco-friendly. Just be sure to grind up the chocolate chips well, if using, so they don't get stuck.
- If you're looking for a blender, I had a KitchenAid model similar to this for a few years. If you're a smoothie enthusiast, I've had good results with my refurbished Vitamix.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not sign up for our email list and get posts by email? Or if that's not your style, stay in the loop with an occasional newsletter instead.
Post a Comment