|(Photo: Checkered and aMUSEd)
- Choosing the wrong foundation color. Don't settle for anything less than a perfect match. Test colors on the back of one hand and view in natural light before committing to a foundation shade.
- Wearing strong lip colors without a liner. Bold shades such as true red need a precise line to look polished. Line lips in short, light strokes with a liner before applying the matching lip color.
- Using too much eyeliner. Heavy black eyeliner can often make eyes look smaller. Consider opening up eyes during the day by lining just the upper lids; try lining inner rims for evening looks.
- Forgetting to groom nails. A mani/pedi is not required to look put together. Simply make sure nails are clean and neatly trimmed. When wearing nail polish, touch-up regularly to hide chips and scratches and repaint once a week.
- Shampooing daily. Although many shampoos are gentle enough for daily use, many women with longer hair are missing out of the benefits of skipping a shampoo. Brush hair the day following a shampoo to help distribute natural oils, keeping hair shinier and healthier.
Remember, rules are sometimes meant to be broken. Use the above tips as guidelines and adjust accordingly.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not sign up for our email list and get posts by email? Or if that's not your style, stay in the loop with an occasional newsletter instead.