- VegNews - The premiere magazine dedicated to vegan lifestyles. It includes articles, reviews, and recipes. I love reading this magazine cover-to-cover, including ads. Vegnews.com is also an excellent resource and they offer a recipe newsletter.
- Vegetarian Times - A cooking magazine for all vegetarians. Essentially, this is the vegetarian version of Cooking Light, as most recipes are relatively healthy. Vegan recipes are clearly marked. They also have an amazing recipe database on their website and publish cookbooks such as Vegetarian Times Everything Vegan.
- Living Without - A magazine designed for those with food allergies and sensitivities, this publication offers many gluten-free and dairy-free recipes. I particularly enjoy their information on substitutions and other web resources. Subscribers may enjoy articles and tips in addition to exclusive recipes.
- Natural Health - A lifestyle magazine that has an eco-friendly and natural influence. They have a decent beauty/personal care product feature each month, though some products will not be vegan.
- Delicious Living - Often found for free at health food stores such as Whole Foods, this publication features on health and lifestyle topics. There are usually a few articles and often a recipe or two. Although some recipes include meat, they cater to the vegetarian lifestyle as well.
I focused on mainstream vegan and alternative lifestyle magazines, but there are also some great independent publications available. If you have any favorites, feel free to list them in the comments.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not sign up for our email list and get posts by email? Or if that's not your style, stay in the loop with an occasional newsletter instead.