|This "green" smoothie gets it purple hue|
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 cup fresh for frozen fruit (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, mangoes, etc.)
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp greens powder or spirulina (such a Genessentials greens)
- 1 c almond milk
- 1 scoop protein powder (such as RAW protein or brown rice protein)
- 2 dates (soaked, if dried)
- Blend until creamy (no visible green bits).
- Blueberries are my fruit of choice for this smoothie.
- If you only have a flavored protein powder(s), such as chocolate or vanilla, choose the one with the most mild flavor. If you don't like the taste, consider buying a trial-sized packet of unflavored protein powder at a health food store.
- If you're looking for a blender, I use this Kitchen Aid model and it has held up well for over three years. If you're on a budget, consider this budget option. If you're a smoothie enthusiast, I've heard many swear by their Vitamix blenders.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not sign up for our email list and get posts by email? Or if that's not your style, stay in the loop with an occasional newsletter instead.