Recipe: Green Smoothie
|This "green" smoothie gets it purple hue|
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 cup fresh for frozen fruit (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, mangoes, etc.)
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp greens powder or spirulina (such a Genessentials greens)
- 1 c almond milk
- 1 scoop protein powder (such as RAW protein or brown rice protein)
- 2 dates (soaked, if dried)
- Blend until creamy (no visible green bits).
- Blueberries are my fruit of choice for this smoothie.
- If you only have a flavored protein powder(s), such as chocolate or vanilla, choose the one with the most mild flavor. If you don't like the taste, consider buying a trial-sized packet of unflavored protein powder at a health food store.
- If you're looking for a blender, I use this Kitchen Aid model and it has held up well for over three years. If you're on a budget, consider this budget option. If you're a smoothie enthusiast, I've heard many swear by their Vitamix blenders.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not sign up for our email list and get posts by email? Or if that's not your style, stay in the loop with an occasional newsletter instead.
This blog accepts forms of advertising, sponsorship, or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog may be compensated or given a product free to provide an opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation or free products for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
Amazon Associate Disclosure:
Kaylin's Kit is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, endless.com, smallparts.com or myhabit.com.
For questions about this blog, please click here to contact me.