|Hurraw! offers a selection of raw lip balms.|
I recently started a raw vegan diet. Do you know of any places that sell raw beauty items?
Yes, there are some companies that sell raw beauty products. However, this is a bit of a niche market, so you will find more options for skin care items than for cosmetics.
For those who are unfamiliar with the term, raw veganism is typically defined as a diet that excludes all animal products, but also food cooked above 48-40 °C (104-118 °F) (depending on the source). Some raw vegans eat limited cooked items as well, but aim for around 80% or more raw foods. This diet seems to stem from a belief that consuming raw or "living" food preserves the natural nutrients and enzymes, which some believe are altered or destroyed during the cooking process. However, there are some who argue against the diet as well.
|The Body Deli also offers|
products made with raw
- Hurraw! lip balm - Affordable lip balms in regular and tinted varieties. Made with many raw ingredients. Click here for reviews.
- The Body Deli - Offers fresh, raw, and organic skin care items at premium prices. Click here for reviews.
- Raw Gaia - A company in the U.K. that offers raw skin care products. Click here for a review.
- Raw Elements - Offers raw sunscreens. Click here for a review.
- The Detox Market - Offers a few "raw" items within their store. Note that not all items are raw.
These companies offer raw products, but are not vegan, usually due to the use of beeswax:
- RMS Beauty - One of the few raw companies that offers cosmetics. Click here for a review of their (vegan) coconut cream.
- Live Live and Organic - An online retailer which carries raw products from a variety of brands.
To find out more raw foods, these two books offer a hybrid approach (consuming limited cooked foods):
Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not sign up for our email list and get posts by email? Or if that's not your style, stay in the loop with an occasional newsletter instead.