|Image: 22Lauren via Flickr and Creative Commons 2.0|
- Is your line uneven (in terms of thickness)? Make sure to start with a sharp pencil. Start from the outer corner of your eye and use small strokes, moving toward the center of your eye. Then go from the inner corner to the center. For more control, consider using an eyeliner brush and a gel liner. Line your lower lash line last.
- Do you have odd gaps between the liner and your lash line? You might be drawing your eyeliner too high. Make sure your liner comes right up to your lashes. You can also use a sharp eyeliner pencil or an eyeliner brush to dot color between your lashes. Another method is to line your inner rims (waterline), concentrating on the portion near your lashes.
- Do you have trouble even tips for winged liner looks? It can be particularly tricky with liquid liners. For perfect wings, use a spoon. Check out this fun video tutorial.
- Is your eyeliner running throughout the day? Try a waterproof eyeliner. Click here for my vegan picks. You can also use pressed powder under your eyeliner, as in this tutorial.
- Is your eyeliner vanishing before lunch? Many natural products are light and might not be as long-wearing. For staying power, make sure to use an eye shadow primer, use multiple coats, and set gels/liquids with a powder.
- Are your eyes itchy after wearing eyeliner? Make sure to remove your makeup every night before bed. If that doesn't work, look for a gentler eyeliner. Try applying a powder eyeliner wet or choosing one of these mica- and iron oxide-free options.
Disclosure notice: This product was sent to me free of charge by the manufacturer for review. No additional compensation was accepted and the opinions are my own. Please verify any claims with the manufacturer, especially if you have any allergies or concerns.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not sign up for our email list and get posts by email? Or if that's not your style, stay in the loop with an occasional newsletter instead.