|Sweet Ritual, anyone?|
- The Steeping Room - Teahouse with several vegan options. They also make some vegan bakery treats such as scones and chocolate cupcakes daily. This is my favorite cupcake place!
- Freebird's - Burrito joint with multiple locations. You choose the ingredients as they go and there are several items that are vegan. If you're into burritos, some vegans also like Chipotle.
- Thundercloud - Basic sandwich place with multiple locations. Offers hummus as a sandwich topping.
- Taco Deli - Offers a couple of different vegan tacos, one of which is named the Freakin' Vegan. I also like the Papa Dulce.
- Elevation Burger - Fast burger place that has a vegan veggie burger option.
- Zoe's Kitchen - Fast "greek" style place with a few good vegan options.
- Promise Pizza - Will make pizza to order with Daiya cheese. They also deliver using Smart Cars.
- Kerbey Lane Cafe - Mix of vegan/vegetarian/mainstream food in a sit-down diner. They have several locations, all of which offer vegan pancake options daily.
- Maoz Vegetarian - Simple falafel place; all vegetarian.
- Beets Cafe - Raw food in the form of recognizable dishes. Very fresh and delicious. See my full review here.
- Casa de Luz - I haven't been here personally, but it's a bit more of a community eating atmosphere and is macrobiotic/vegan. I've heard good things.
- Whole Foods (Gateway) - This grocery store offers a variety of vegan prepared food options, including vegan breakfast tacos and Daiya cheese pizza (prepared). The giant downtown location even offers vegan donuts in the bakery case, but only if you get there early! In the grocery section, they have almost any vegan food you'd ever want.
- Alamo Drafthouse - Throughout their many locations, the menu often remains the same. It's a movie theater and restaurant in one; good vegan options include the spaghetti squash and hummus.
- Sweet Ritual - One of my favorite places in Austin. It's a vegan soft serve shop inside the Daily Juice, a raw food/juice bar. Click here for a full review.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not sign up for our email list and get posts by email? Or if that's not your style, stay in the loop with an occasional newsletter instead.